Monday, January 29, 2007

Political Ambiguity

Oh Democrats. You’re certainly trying hard to get me to change sides. You’ve been sending me mail, asking me to join you. I’ve been a Republican for so long though. I’m just not sure whether I’m ready to go all the way.

I’m so confused now Democrats. The way you make me feel. The way you touch me on…the important issues such as global warming, Iraq, and economic policy.

I’m just not sure I’m ready to play for the other team yet you know? I mean sure I voted for Webb in the last election, but I think that’s more because of seven years of Bush. That man could drive even the hardest of hardcore conservatives to vote Democrat, not to mention us moderately confused souls.

And would it hurt you to call once in a while? Letters are nice, but they don’t have the same effect as a prerecorded telephone message. Oh sure, you’ve been busy, first 100 days in office and all that jazz. I understand how it goes.

Even if I do vote for you again, don’t be thinking that I’ll open my wallet for you. I’m saving my first…political donation for a candidate that I feel strongly about. I’m sorry Democrats, I’m just old-fashioned in that way. It was the way I was raised. If that’s all you’re looking for, I’m sure you can find plenty of DC folks who are willing to throw their political donations away like it means nothing.

Well, I certainly have a lot to think about Democrats. You’ve given this red stater a touch of the blues. I don’t know whether I’ll ever vote for you again Democrats, but I’ll always remember that sense of hope for the country that we shared, on an election night not long ago.

2 comments:

ジェネヴィーヴ said...

Haha very clever.

I'd say go Green Party or Independant. Dems and Repubs are the same thing to me. Though repubs care more about their money than the enviroment and I'm not down with that.

I don't know anything about politics. Don't listen to anything I say about that.

Across The River said...

ジェネヴィーヴ-Party lines really have been blurred. I don't think I could vote Green Party though, a little bit too liberal for my taste.