Thursday, July 19, 2007

I am happy (I've never said profound titles were my specialty)

I’m rather fortunate to have landed some freelance writing. Somehow I pulled the wool over a business contact’s eyes, and landed the opportunity to do some writing on the side for which I will actually be getting paid. It’s not like I’ve been a consistent blogger or anything, but if you see more drop off than usual, it’s because of this.

I’ve got a post or two already written that I didn’t consider to be quite up to snuff at the time, so maybe I’ll post those in the meantime with a warning that says “Not Across The River’s Best Stuff, but maybe you’ll enjoy, because hey it’s the summer and what else are you going to be doing with your time? Watching reality television? Working? Reading Harry Potter?”

4 comments:

mm said...

is harry potter out today???

congrats on the freelancing job. Getting paid to write is awesome.
I'm happy for you!

Across The River said...

mm: Thanks! I'm not in to Harry Potter, but people tell me that it's coming out at midnight tonight. I thought about making some Harry Potter spoiler jokes, but figured that certain friends would probably kill me.

Trisha said...

I would definitely kill you as a big Harry Potter fan who doesn't get to read the book until I'm done studying for the GRE. :-(

Patricia said...

Hey, congratulations on the writing! You'll have to let us know where and when we can read some of that!