Monday, October 8, 2007

He looked strangely familar...

I scooted off the barstool and wearily made my way to the men's room. With eyes diverted to the ground I rounded the corner and came across a man in a blue shirt standing a few feet in front of me.

As I approached the door, the man stayed his course, walking right towards me. I stepped right to get out of his way, and he stepped left, blocking my way. I kept moving forward, but took a step left to avoid running into him. He stepped right, putting himself directly in front of me again. With eyes still looking downward, I took another step and slammed into a glass mirror. Feelings of annoyance quickly changed to embarrassment, and I glanced up to see my reflection sheepishly looking back at me.

Is work rough for you? Is life throwing a lot at you? Well, take a second and laugh. 'Cause if I can laugh about almost knocking myself out with a mirror, you can laugh at all the stupid things in your life too.

4 comments:

Genevieve said...

man i hate people like that though. that's why i always make a point of staring people in the eyes. if you avoid their gaze they just keep being annoying.
i always laugh when i do something stupid. once, a few years ago, some guy i had a crush on came into my cubicle and i was so startled to see him, i fell out of my chair. i'm not sure how it happened but it did. at the time i wanted to cry but once he left i laughed. :)

Across The River said...

gen: That other guy was me. If I'd locked eyes with my mirror image, I might have avoided the hilarity.

Genevieve said...

haha. i'm not too quick, but i get it now. now i'm embarassed. haha. oh well! made for a good story. :)

Across The River said...

It's all good gen. I need to work on the clarity of my writing. I often write things that I think are so clever and then after a reread realize I probably just confused people.